Saturday, October 31, 2009

Coulon - Marais-Poitevin.

Coulon is in the Deux-Sevres department, west of Niort and at the centre of the Marais-Poitevin region. 

The village - listed one of the most beautiful village’s in France is in an area the French call The Green Venice of France.  Lesley and myself cannot recommend this area enough,  its stunning and so peaceful you will just not want to leave.

The campsite we use is on the edge of the village and is called Le Camping Venise Verte.

Take your bikes because this area is full of cycle trails 2500 miles of them so they say.
Coulon ( The Green Venice of France )  
 
     
France 2006_29   France 2006_30
 

Coulon ( The Green Venice of France )
     

3 comments:

Lesley said...

what great fun we had there - I'd like to cycle more but Joe is always reluctant to take our bikes with us :) - love Lesley x

Christine said...

Hi Leslie,
thanks for joining us in The Stampman Blog Hop.
I see that you are a caravanner like us and have been to France.
I would like to know more about the sites you have stayed on whilst there.
We are thinking of going to Spain early february and traveling through France on the way down and back.
The site on your blog looks lovely.
I hope you can advise.
You can contact me via my blog
http://christine-ladylacecraftingblog.blogspot.com and I think there is an email link.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Christine xx

Joe R said...

Hi Christine,

This is Joe, Lesley's other half :-)
I'll get Lesley to contact you re the sites we have been to, Coulon is an excellent area for the sun, quiet and beauty. I'm sure you would love it.
Don't think its open in February though? I will check.